Peter Frampton has announced his first dates of 2017, with a continuation of his scaled back acoustic tour he's dubbed "Raw." The guitarist kicks off the year in March as part of the "Rock & Romance Cruise" on Celebrity Cruises, in which he'll bring his entire band, before launching the "Raw" dates on March 24th in New Albany, Ohio at McCoy Center For The Arts. The trek will take in stops in Nashville, Tennessee; Skokie, Illinois; Cleveland, Ohio; Peekskill and Kingston, New York; and Londoncherry, New Hampshire before wrapping on April 12th in Rutland, Virginia at the Paramount Theatre.
Recently released is Frampton's latest album, Acoustic Classics. Frampton covers key tracks from his '70s catalogue, including "I'm In You," "Fig Tree Bay" "All I Want To Be (Is By Your Side)," "Wind Of Change," "Lines On My Face," "Do You Feel Like We Do?," "Sail Away," "Show Me The Way," and "Baby, I Love Your Way" -- with Frampton handling nearly all the guitar and bass work on the album.
- We asked Frampton, who turned 66 back in May, what's driving him these days: "I’ve been doing this a long time. I don’t necessarily feel old. I mean, the brain is still working and I feel the same way about my music and everything. I still have the same drive, I haven’t lost that. That would be the time to get out of the business if I don’t care about, say, this new project. Y’know, I could’ve whipped off those 10 songs in a couple days and, stuck ‘em out, y’know? But, y’know, I’m still very, very excited by what I do -- which I’m thrilled about and very lucky to have that drive, I think." :
- March 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 - Fort Lauderdale, FL - Rock & Romance Cruise on Celebrity Cruises - Celebrity Constellation *** with full band
- March 24 - New Albany, OH - McCoy Center For The Arts
- March 26 - Nashville, TN - Schermerhorn Symphony Center
- April 1 - Skokie, IL - North Shore Center For The Performing Arts
- April 4 - Cleveland, OH - Ohio Theatre
- April 6 - Peekskill, NY - Paramount Hudson Valley
- April 8 - Kingston, NY - Ulster Performing Arts Center
- April 11 - Londonderry, NH - Tupelo Music Hall
- April 12 - Rutland, VT - Paramount Theatre