Presiona aquí para reaccionar
Gregg Allman has revealed that the mystery illness that sidelined his summer dates was in fact pneumonia. Allman will return to the stage on Sunday (September 25th) at Morrison, Colorado's Red Rocks Amphitheatre. Allman spoke about getting sick on the road, telling Westword.com, "Right in the middle of the thing I got pneumonia. Yeah, that was a drag. I was almost to the end of a tour. I had to two more to go, and damn, it just set in. I had to postpone two of the gigs, but we’ll go back and make them up, for sure."
The Red Rocks show, which is part of Allman's traveling Laid Back Festival, will feature him playing an acoustic set with lead guitarist and music director Scott Sharrard before headliners ZZ Top. The show will also feature sets by the Richie Furay Band, Jaimoe’s Jasssz Band, Gabriel Kelley, Lucie Silvas, and Levon & People’s Blues Of Richmond.
- Allman spoke about having legendary Allman Brothers Band drummer Jaimoe on the bill with him on Sunday night: "Well, me and Jaimoe have been tight for years and years. We’ve always hung really close together. When I launched this Laid Back thing, of course I had to take Jaimoe’s band."
- We asked Gregg Allman, who battled heroin addiction for years and has faced major health problems since, which is worse -- finding yourself out on the road and being dope sick -- or simply being in poor health on tour: "Well, they're both sick. I don't know, it's been a long time since I've been through that. I guess being strung out because you put yourself there, and it's like, 'Y'know, what were you thinking, boy?" :
- September 25 - Morrison, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- October 29 - Atlanta, GA - Lakewood Amphitheatre
- November 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18 - New York, NY - City Winery NYC
- February 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 - Tampa, FL - Keeping The Blues Alive At Sea on Norwegian Cruise Line - Norwegian Jade