Elton John and his fans narrowly missed becoming victims of a tragic terrorist attack over the weekend. A 19-year-old had allegedly "plotted suicide nail bomb attacks on London landmarks including Buckingham Palace and a 9/11 anniversary Elton John gig funded by online loans." The Daily Mail reported suspect Haroon Ali-Syed was arrested in West London last week by counter-terrorism officers who zeroed in on him before they believed he was about to strike.
The proposed attack would have hit the Elton concert on Sunday (September 11th) at London's Hyde Park in commemoration of the 9/11 attacks. Other targets considered were reportedly Buckingham Palace or the busy London hub of Oxford Street. Ali-Syed is accused of "attempting to get hold of an improvised pressure cooker bomb built to instructions published online by Al Qaeda."
- With nearly 50 years under his belt as a world class singer-songwriter-performer, we asked Elton John what continues to inspire him: "It's always about tomorrow and not the past. It's lovely to go and to look back, but I'm a person who looks forward. I'm more interested in what's going to happen next. I value the past and my career, and sometimes when I go back. I think, 'Oh, that's pretty good'-- but I'm all about what's going to happen next." :
- September 21 - Savannah, GA - Martin Luther King Jr. Arena
- September 23 - Hershey, PA - GIANT Center
- September 24 - Wilkes-Barre, PA - Mohegan Sun Arena At Casey Plaza
- September 27 - Allentown, PA - PPL Center
- September 28 - Toledo, OH - Huntington Center
- September 29 - London, ON - Budweiser Gardens
- October 5 - Baton Rouge, LA - River Center Arena
- October 7 - Hidalgo, TX - State Farm Arena
- October 8 - Corpus Christi, TX - American Bank Center
- October 12, 14, 15, 19, 21, 22, 26, 28, 30 - Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum At Caesars Palace
- February 7, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 19, 20 - Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum At Caesars Palace