(last updated on October 30, 2017)
THE ENGLISH VERSION OF THE “RULES” IS PROVIDED FOR CONVENIENCE ONLY.
IN THE EVENT OF A CONFLICT BETWEEN THE SPANISH AND ENGLISH RULES,
THE SPANISH RULES WILL GOVERN.
- Name of Sweepstakes: Sign Up to the New Univision Deportes Newsletter (“Sweepstakes”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. OPEN ONLY TO CITIZENS AND LEGAL RESIDENTS IN THE UNITED STATES OLDER THAN 18 YEARS OF AGE.
- Name and address of Sponsor: Univision Interactive Media, Inc. with offices in 8551 N.W. 30th Terrace, Miami, Florida 33122.
- Name and address of Co- Sponsor(s): N/A.
- Date of participation: The Sweepstakes begins on October 30, 2017 and ends on November 13, 2017 at 11:59:59pm ET. All completed entries must be received before November 13, 2017 at 11:59:59pm ET.
- Eligibility: Participants must be over18 years of age, legal residents of the United States, with a Social Security Number (SSN) or Tax Identification Number (TIN), who have not won a prize from the Sponsor within the last 30 days.
- How to Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes go to www.univision.com and click on the Sports and/or Entertainment sections of the site. A widget pop up will appear. Users are to type their email address in the widget pop-up on those sections to receive the Entertainment and Sports newsletters.
Number of entries allowed per person: Entries limited to one (1) per person during the Sweepstakes period.
- Method of Selecting Winner(s): Representative of Sponsor, whose decision will be final and binding in all respects, will select one (1) winner, among eligible entries in a random drawing.
- Date Winner will be selected: The Winner will be selected on or around November 14, 2017.
- Method of notifying Winner(s): Sponsor will contact the potential Winners on or about November 14, 2017 via telephone or email. In the event that Sponsor cannot reach the potential winner within twenty-four (24) hours or if the potential winner is ineligible, it will be deemed as if the winner has rejected the prize and Sponsor will select a new potential winner according to these Official Rules. Prior to being named the official winner, the potential winner will be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility, a W-9 (if applicable), a liability release and, except where prohibited, a publicity release. Failure to return such documents signed within two (2) days of receiving notification, or if prize or prize notification is returned unsigned or as undeliverable, such potential winner will be deemed disqualified and the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsors may award the prize to an alternate winner, at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- Prize(s) and estimated value: There will be one (1) Grand Prize awarded in this Sweepstakes. The Grand Prize consists of a trip for two (winner and a guest) to Los Angeles, CA (“Destination City”) to attend the Uforia concert series on November 19, 2017. The grand prize trip shall include two (2) round trip economy class airline tickets from a major airport near winner’s residence to Los Angeles; two (2) nights hotel accommodations (1 standard room); ground transportation to and from airport/hotel and hotel/event.
Winner must travel by November 18, 2017 in order to claim the grand prize. The originating airport, as well as hotel and transportation will be decided at Sponsors’ sole discretion. The actual retail value of the grand prize may vary depending on travel dates and winner’s place of departure. Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize: $2,500.00.
If the winner’s residence is located within 100 miles or less of either Destination City (as determined by Sponsors), he/she will not be eligible for air travel, which will be substituted by adequate ground transportation. There will be no additional compensation. Winner and guest must coordinate travel arrangements with Sponsors. Travel to and from the departure airport, meals, room service, laundry service, gratuities, beverages, personal purchases including souvenirs, telephone calls and any other miscellaneous expenses not specifically listed herein are the sole responsibility of the winner and travel guest. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades or frequent flyer mileage accrual. Additional restrictions may apply.
Odds of winning depend on the number of participants. Is open only to citizens and legal residents of the United States of America, with a Social Security number. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after the Sweepstakes were or are employees or agents of Sponsor, the (the) co-Sponsors, or its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies service or independent contractors; (b) persons who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, or the selection of the winners of this Sweepstakes; and (c) persons that they are part of the immediate family of or who reside in the same household of any of the persons included in any of the preceding categories.
By participating you grant to Sponsor the world exclusive, fully paid, free of royalties, but not the obligation to, use, copy, reproduce, publish, distribute, display, transmit and present your photograph, in any means of diffusion and by any means, is currently known or develops in the future, including, on a non-exclusive basis, announce, display, and otherwise dispose of your photograph to publish on the Internet Mobile, TV, radio, and submit it to the public eye, and use, reproduce and publish his name, face, image, photograph, acting and other elements of his appearance or image to carry out and promote the Sweepstakes and / Sponsors, in each case without notice, compensation or attribution whatsoever to you.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THAT THE ONLY CONSIDERATION THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE FOR THIS GRANT OF RIGHTS IS ADVERTISING THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE BY THE PUBLICATION OR TRANSMISSION OF YOUR PHOTOGRAPH OR ANNOUNCING YOU AS THE PERSON THAT PARTICIPATED IN THIS COMPETITION.
All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all respects. Each winner and each guest of the winner, if applicable, will have to sign a release of liability. If the winner is not eligible; If the winner cannot be notified as mentioned previously, or if the winner does not collect the prize as detailed above, it shall be deemed as if the winner has rejected the prize and Sponsor will select a new winner if time permits. To claim prizes, winners will be required to provide identification acceptable to the Sponsor and collect prizes as they are instructed. Winner (s) may not (n) substitute the prize for its cash equivalent or for a credit. The prize cannot be replaced if it is lost or stolen. Sponsor reserves the right to replace at its discretion any and all prizes with any item or service of similar value or higher. The prizes may not be assigned or transferred by the (s) winner (s).
Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate this Sweepstakes for any reason including if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the control of Sponsor that damages the integrity of the Sweepstakes, determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor may disqualify any person who, in its sole discretion, deems to have violated these official rules or any aspect of the Sweepstakes. The (s) participant (s) is (n) agreed to: (a) be subject to the official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and (b) release, and maintain peace and safe to the Sponsor and their respective parent, affiliates, stations, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and Sweepstakes agencies , from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of prizes or participation in the Sweepstakes.
Taxes (Federal, State, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner and it may be required that each winner prepare tax forms. If the winner has received other awards of the Sponsor during the current year, and the total value of these prizes exceeding $600, the winner will have to provide your Social Security number or tax ID number to receive the award. These official rules are subject to the laws of the State where the Sponsor, ignoring the principles of conflict of laws is located.
For the list of winner (s) which will be available after the end of the Sweepstakes, send to “Sign Up to the New Univision Deportes Newsletter - list of winner (s)", to the address of the Sponsor listed above, with a self-addressed stamped envelope with prepaid postal stamp.
To obtain a copy of these official rules, send " Sign Up to the New Univision Deportes Newsletter – rules official" to the address of the Sponsor listed above, with a self-addressed stamped envelope with prepaid postal stamp.
In the event of an online participation: the use of software for the automated entry of participation is prohibited. The formats of participation made in line with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities or by means of any other device or artifice to enter multiple times will be deemed invalid. If the winner is a participant in line, is considered to be the winning format of participation which has been sent by the authorized holder of the account of the e-mail address that sent the said format. The possessor authorized e-mail account will be considered as the natural person who is assigned a direction of electronic mail by a provider of internet access, a service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor is not responsible for the transmission of incorrect or inaccurate information contained in the formats of participation, by technical errors, loss or delay in the transmission of data, omission, interruption, deletion, defects or faults on the line telephone network, or the computer equipment, software, or the impossibility of access to any service or site online the inability to send the format of participation, or any other error or malfunction, or any damage to the computer equipment of the participant or any other person that results from the download of materials or information, or from participation in this Sweepstakes, or for the loss, theft, delay, loss in mail, unreadable data formats of participation or be sent to a wrong place.
If this Sweepstakes or any Web site associated with this (or any portion thereof) changes to corrupt or they are not permitted entry to the Sweepstakes, or if infection by virus, computer bug, manipulation, unauthorized intervention, actions participants, by fraud, troubleshooting techniques, or any other cause, which in the opinion of the Sponsor corrupt or impair the Administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. The attempt by a participant or any other individual, deliberately damage online service or the Web site, as well as the attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes, will be considered a violation of criminal and civil laws. The Sponsor reserves the right to assert his right to claim the payment of damages and/or other damages the wider extent permitted by law.