It's getting a lot colder outside and fire departments all across America are calling on social media to help spread the word about power strips and space heaters.
The combination plays not safe as the power strip can't handle the extra power flow going to the space heater causing the strip itself to overheat and perhaps catch on fire.
To prevent this, make sure that the heater is plugged in directly to the wall outlet and that the heater is away from any flamable materials such as curtains, bedding and etc.
Make sure that you read the instruction manual to the space heater before using it. Also, select a heater that is good for the room you want to warm up. If you're using a small heater, the heating element inside the unit may overload and you'll end up having a fire.