Harvey hit various parts of Texas causing destruction. There are a lot of people who need your help in any way. You can help the victims of Harvey with the options below.
- Donate to the American Red Cross by calling 1-800-842-2200. You can also donate with your mobile phone by texting HARVEY to 90999. *Data rates may be applied by your mobile carrier.*
- The Salvation Army cares for the community by giving back. They are equipped to handle thousands of evacuees who need assistance, shelter and relief from natural disasters. They can't do it alone, they need the help from the community with donations in order to purchase the neccessary supplies for their operations. Help them by making a contribution.
- The United Way helps with Hurricane victims with clothing, shelter, food and hygentic needs for all. They can't do it alone though. They need the support from the community. Donate with your mobile by texting HarveyRelief17 to 41444 *Data rates may be applied by your mobile carrier.*
- The San Antonio Food Bank is in dire need of donations and supplies in order to help the victims of Harvey. They accept donations online as well as donations of non-perishable food, un-opened bottled water of any size, baby food, diapers, hygentic items such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, soap, razors, toilet paper, tampons, flashlights, batteries, cleaning supplies, and new clothes or packaged clothing as they will not accept any used clothing.
Donations can be dropped off at the San Antonio Food Bank warehouse at 5200 Enrique M. Barrera Parkway - San Antonio, TX 78227 or any city council office ( click here for addresses).
- The United Way are looking for individuals who want to give back to the community and help out the hurricane victims. Visit VolunteerSanAntonio.org or call 210-352-7000 for ways you can help out.
- National Volunteer Organizations in Natural Disasters are looking for volunteers, visit their website NVOAD.org or call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) to help.
- If you happen to have a boat and can go to Houston to help with rescue efforts, call the Harris County Fire Marshall at 713-881-3100.
INFORMATION FOR EVACUEES AND STORM VICTIMS
- If you are seeking shelter in San Antonio, report to the Hurricane Evacuation Headquarters at 200 Gembler Road.
- The American Red Cross will be able to help you find shelter with one of their verified partner agencies by visiting their website.
- 2-1-1Texas.org is a resource with information to help you in the right direction.