(last updated on January 1, 2014)
2. What We Do With the Information
3. Information Access & Opt-Out
4. Protecting Children
5. Cookies & Similar Technologies
6. Data Security
7. Links to Third Party Sites, Services or Products
Notice To California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights:
Any request for a disclosure required under this law should be sent to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that under this law, we are not required to respond to a customer's request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any request that is not sent to the email address designated above.
California residents may also learn how Univision responds to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. As the technology is evolving for recognizing and interpreting DNT signals, and no uniform standard has yet been set, Univision is not currently responding to DNT signals but remains open to following the technological standards once those are issued.
1. Types of Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information (or "PII") is any information that can identify or is linked to a specific individual, such as your name, mailing address, telephone number (including mobile number), email address, credit card number, debit card number, bank account number, and other financial account information, birth date, gender, occupation, personal interests, demographic, location and household information, etc. To the extent you voluntarily provide your PII to us, we collect such information. For example, we may collect PII from you (to the extent permitted by law): (1) when you sign up for one of our products or services, such as when you join one of our online communities (including the social networking areas on Univision.com and our fan pages on third-party social media sites); (2) when you join one of our mailing or contact lists; (3) when you register to participate in an event sponsored by us (such as a contest, sweepstakes, giveaway, promotion, survey, concert, festival, community fair, etc.); (4) when you enter into a transaction with us, such as ordering a product from us through our online store; (5) when you use or interact with a product or service of the Univision Interactive Network; (6) when you provide or share information using a product or service of the Univision Interactive Network; (7) when you send information via message, chat, blog, post or similar functionality using a product or service of the Univision Interactive Network; (8) when you create, share or link personal profile using a product or service of the Univision Interactive Network, including linking or associating your profile on a third-party site or platform with your Univision account; and/or (9) when you submit a request or inquiry to us via the Univision Interactive Network or otherwise (each of the foregoing is referred to hereinafter as an "Identification Activity").
It is optional for you to engage in an Identification Activity. However, if you elect to engage in an Identification Activity, we may ask you for certain PII. Depending on the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide may be identified as mandatory and some may be identified as optional. If you do not provide the mandatory information for a particular Identification Activity that requires it, you will not be able to engage in that activity. In addition, if you use the Univision Interactive Network to send information to another person (e.g., a friend, a family member, etc.), we will also collect PII of that other person to the extent disclosed by you. We also collect the username and password for the email account you wish to import your contacts from, for example, and will only use it for that purpose.
Aggregate and Anonymous Information (hereinafter "AAI") is any information that cannot identify or be linked to a specific individual. For example, we may collect anonymous group data (demographics, media habits, online browsing habits, interests and preferences, etc.) about viewers and listeners of our television and radio programs, participants of our sponsored events and activities, users and members of the Univision Interactive Network, etc. (hereinafter referred to collectively as "our Audiences"). We also collect aggregate traffic data pertaining to the Univision Interactive Network, such as: total page views in a given time period; total impressions per ad; average amount of time that visitors spend on the Univision Interactive Network (or a part thereof) each time they visit; average amount of time that visitors spend on each page of any one or more parts of the Univision Interactive Network; percentage of visitors from a certain geographical area, etc. Moreover, we may combine "User Activity Information" (as described below) about you and other users of the Univision Interactive Network to generate aggregate information that reflects activities, habits, preferences, interests, etc. about our users as a group. We also collect location-based information such as zip code, city and state name. In addition, we may take PII and make it non-personally identifiable, such as by aggregating your information with information about other individuals, or by removing personally-identifiable elements (such as names) so as to "anonymize" or "de-personalize" your information.
2. What We Do With the Information
As a general matter, we use information (PII and AAI) collected from and/or about our Audiences to improve our products and services so that they are appealing to as many people as possible, to administer and maintain operations of the Univision Interactive Network, to offer, market and advertise products and services (including those from third parties outside Univision with whom we do business (hereinafter referred to collectively as "our Business Partners")) to our Audiences, to administer and manage transactions and relationships with our Audiences, to personalize user experiences for our Audiences, and to build a strong community for our Audiences.
2.1 Our Own Use of Information
2.1.2 Marketing & Advertising Purposes:
(1) Interest-based advertising on the Univision Interactive Network: We may use your PII and UAI to provide to you interest-based ads (i.e., ads potentially relevant or tailored to your interests) about products and services of Univision and/or our Business Partners. For example, we show ads inside and/or alongside the videos you watch on Univision.com. Sometimes, these ads are based on the topics or subject matters of the videos you are watching. However, to make these ads as relevant as possible for you, we may infer your viewing interests based on videos you have previously viewed on Univision.com, and may use this information to associate your browser with relevant interest categories and show you ads relevant to your inferred interests. For example, if your prior viewing habits on Univision.com suggest that you are a fan of a particular television show of Univision (e.g., if you often view video clips from that show on Univision.com), you may see more ads related to that show while on Univision.com. As another example, if you frequently view sports-related videos on Univision.com, we may associate a sports interest category with your browser and show you more sports-related ads when you are on Univision.com.
(2) Email marketing: If you provide your email address or mailing address to us (such as by joining one of our mailing lists), we may use such address to send you product and service offers, promotions, and advertisements from us and/or from our Business Partners. See Section 3.2 below regarding how to opt out of our email marketing.
(3) Telemarketing: If you provide your telephone or mobile number to us, we may call you to inform you about product/service offers, promotions, and advertisements from us and/or from our Business Partners. See Section 3.2 below regarding how to opt out of our telemarketing.
(4) Mobile marketing: Subject to your prior opt-in consent, we may (i) send marketing and advertising messages via SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), etc., to your mobile device and/or (ii) send marketing and advertising emails to your wireless email account (e.g., XYZ@att.mobile.net), to inform you about product/service offers, promotions, and advertisements from us and/or from our Business Partners. See Section 3.2 below regarding how to opt out of our mobile marketing (that is, if you wish to opt out of our further use of your information for mobile marketing after you have previously consented to such use).
NOTE: The Federal Communications Commission has published a list of domain names used by wireless service providers to transmit emails to wireless devices here. Wireless service providers must add new domain names to this list within 30 days of activating them. If your email address contains a domain name on this list (after the "@" symbol), then we will treat your email address as a wireless email address. However, the mere fact that you can retrieve emails from your regular Internet email accounton your mobile/wireless device, does not make your Internet email address a "wireless" email address.
2.1.3. Market Research Purposes: We may use AAI (including UAI and AAI derived from PII) to conduct market research and analysis for ourselves as well as for our Business Partners.
2.2 Disclosure to Third Parties Outside Univision
2.2.1 Disclosure to our Business Partners: We may disclose, sell, and otherwise provide PII, AAI and/or UAI to our Business Partners so that they may market and advertise their products and services (including, without limitation, retail stores, finance, real estate, insurance, travel, automotive, telecommunications, technology, electronics, health, beauty, food, beverage, sports, leisure and entertainment goods and services.) directly to our Audiences. See Section 3.2 below regarding how to opt out of such information sharing.
Please note, however, that we do not knowingly disclose or sell any of the following (if and to the extent collected by us) to our Business Partners for their separate marketing and advertising purposes (except with your prior opt-in consent): credit card number, debit card number, bank account number, and other financial account information; Social Security numbers, or other government-issued identifiers; personal health and medical information; information about personal sexual behavior or orientation; information pertaining to children under the age of 13 at the time of collection; and information indicating the precise real-time geographic location of an individual derived through location-based services such as through GPS-enabled devices (hereinafter referred to collectively as "Sensitive Information").
In addition, from time to time, we may co-sponsor events and/or product/service offerings with third parties. If you participate in such co-sponsored events or offerings, any PII and UAI we collect from you based on your participation may be shared with our co-sponsors who may use such information for their own marketing and advertising purposes. YOU MUST CONTACT OUR CO-SPONSORS DIRECTLY IN ORDER TO OPT OUT OF THEIR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION FOR MARKETING AND ADVERTISING PURPOSES.
2.2.2 Disclosure to our Service Providers: We may disclose PII and UAI to our outside vendors and contractors who need to access such information in order to perform services (including, without limitation, transaction/payment processing, order fulfillment, contest/sweepstakes administration and prize fulfillment, data research and analysis, data collection and processing, data storage, data security, hosting and technical support for the Univision Interactive Network, and marketing and advertising support) for us (hereinafter referred to collectively as "our Service Providers"). Generally, we require that our Service Providers use your information shared by us solely for the purposes of performing services for us and that they maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of such information and not further disclose the information to others.
3. Information Access & Opt -Out
3.1 Information Access
If you have an active user account on the Univision Interactive Network, you may access and update your user account information and preferences at any time (subject to the scheduled maintenance of the Univision Interactive Network), by logging into your account and clicking on "My Account" and then changing your preference.
If you do not have an active account on the Site, or if you have provided your information to us offline, you may request to access, delete, update and correct your information as stored by us, by sending your request to us at Univision Communications Inc., 605 Third Avenue, 12th Floor, New York, New York 10158. Attention: Update My Information. Your request will be processed as soon as possible.
Please note that users can not update or delete previously submitted information on our corporate site: https://corporate.univision.com/media-brands/univision-network/. If your information (such as your email address) should change, we ask that you re-submit a registration form or request.
You can opt out of all our marketing uses (including email marketing, mobile email marketing, mobile message marketing, and telemarketing) of your PII and UAI (if personally identifiable) as well as our sharing of your PII and UAI (if personally identifiable) with our Business Partners for their marketing uses by sending your request via postal mail at Univision Communications Inc., 605 Third Avenue, 12th Floor, New York, New York 10158. Attention: Remove From Email List.
We will endeavor to honor your request no later than 10 days after receipt (or within such applicable time period as required by law). To ensure timely processing of your request, please expressly state in your email that you wish to opt out of all further uses and sharing by Univision of your personal information for marketing purposes. Your opt out election, once processed by us, will stop, on a going-forward basis, all further marketing uses and sharing of your PII and UAI (if personally identifiable) by Univision.
In addition, with respect to certain marketing uses of your PII and UAI (if personally identifiable), you may exercise your opt-out choice through the following alternative methods:
• Our email / mobile email marketing (i.e., sending marketing emails (including our newsletters) to your Internet email account or your mobile email account):
• Use the opt-out means (e.g., an "unsubscribe" link) provided in a marketing email that you have previously received from us.
• Our mobile message marketing (i.e., sending marketing messages via SMS, MMS, etc. to your mobile phone after you have opted in to receive such messages):
• Reply STOP to a marketing message you have received; OR
• Text STOP to the short code used for the messaging program from which you wish to opt out (if you have enrolled in multiple messaging programs on the same short code and wish to opt out from all those programs, text STOP ALL to the short code).
• Our telemarketing (i.e., making marketing calls to your telephone or mobile phone number):
• Register your telephone or mobile number with the national Do-Not-Call list either online at www.donotcall.gov, or by calling the toll-free number 1-888-382-1222 from the phone number you wish to register (please note that, once you register your phone number on the national Do-Not-Call list, we are required by law to stop telemarketing calls to your number no later than 31 days from the date you register).
HOWEVER, please note the following:
• Your opt-out will NOT stop continued marketing and advertising uses of your information by those of our Business Partners with whom we have already shared your information prior to your opt-out. To opt out of their further use of your information, you must contact them directly (or use the opt-out means provided by them). Also, if you participate in an event or a product/service offering that is co-sponsored by us with one or more third parties, you must contact our co-sponsor(s) directly in order to opt out of their use of your information for marketing and advertising purposes.
We will retain your PII for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you products or services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. AAI and UAI (if not personally identifiable) may be retained indefinitely.
4. Protecting Children
We take special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. All products and services of the Univision Interactive Network are intended for general audiences and are NOT directed to children. We do not knowingly permit children under age 13 to register on the Univision Interactive Network for any product or Service. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information about Users under age 13.
Children under age 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any Personally Identifiable Information to anyone online or through mobile devices. If you are a parent or legal guardian, we urge you to participate in your child's online and mobile activities and to use parental control or other Internet and/or mobile filtering technology to supervise your child's access to the Internet.
5. Cookies & Similar Technologies
In addition, we may use so-called "pixel tags," "web beacons," "web bugs," "clear GIFs," etc. (collectively "Web Beacons") to collect UAI about your activities on the Univision Interactive Network. These are small electronic images embedded in web content (including online ads) and email messages and are ordinarily not visible to users. Like cookies, Web Beacons enable us to track pages and content (including ads) accessed and viewed by users. Also, when we send HTML-formatted (as opposed to plain text) emails to our Audiences, Web Beacons may be embedded in such emails to allow us to monitor readership levels so that we can identify aggregate trends and individual usage to provide our Audiences with more relevant content or offers. Web beacons in emails may recognize activities such as when an email was opened, how many times an email was forwarded, which links in the email were clicked on, etc. Web Beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, Web Beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive Web Beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
5.2 Third Party Functionalities
The Univision Interactive Network contains links to and/or enables certain third-party functionalities to enhance your experience, including, without limitation, social plug-ins, tools and APIs. Prior to using any third-party functionality (e.g., Facebook "Like" button)on the Univision Interactive Network, you should consult the privacy notices of the third-party providers of such functionalities (e.g., Facebook), as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, such third parties, or how they may use the information. The privacy policies and data practices of such third parties may significantly differ from ours, and we make no representation or warranty whatsoever about their policies and practices. Your communications and interactions with such third parties are solely between you and them, and are at your own risk.
5.3 DoubleClick's DART Cookie and Online Tracking and Advertising
You may also choose not to receive interest-based advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers by clicking here. We adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising.
If you wish to disable cookies selectively or entirely (see Section 5.4 below about Flash cookies or similar technologies), you may do so through your individual browser options or using special software. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective web sites. Alternatively you can use the guide here.
More information on the DoubleClick DART cookie which is used by Google in the ads served on publisher websites displaying AdSense for content ads can be found here.
5.4 Flash Cookies
From time to time, we may or Third Party Advertisers may, use Flash cookies or similar technology to save your preferences or display content based upon what you view on the Univision Interactive Network to personalize your experience. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, please click here and here. You should know that Flash cookies cannot be rejected, disabled, turned off, opted out, or deleted in the same way as regular cookies such as HTML cookies. Flash cookies may remain on your computer or mobile device even after you have rejected, disabled, opted out, or deleted regular cookies.
If you disable Flash cookies, you will not have full access to all products and services of the Univision Interactive Network, and some of our products and services may not function properly.
6. Data Security
Protecting the security of your Personally Identifiable Information that you share with us is of the utmost importance to us. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet or any mobile or wireless network and no data storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from or within the Univision Interactive Network, and you do so at your own risk. By providing your email address to us (whether on the Univision Interactive Network or otherwise), you acknowledge and agree that we may notify you by email in the event of a breach of security involving your Personally Identifiable Information.
We urge you to keep your password in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also, remember to sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place, such as a library or an Internet cafe.
7. Links to Third Party Sites, Services or Products
SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICE MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT
If you do not agree to this Agreement, please do not access or use the Social Networking Service. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to update or revise this Agreement at any time. If we make changes to this Agreement, we will inform you by posting a notice on the Social Networking Site. We may also notify you of the changes via email and/or may ask you to affirmatively consent to and accept the changes at the time of your next account login on the Social Networking Site. By continuing to use the Social Networking Site after such notice and/or consent, you agree to be bound by this Agreement as modified.
2. Eligibility. Registration and membership with the Social Networking Service is void where prohibited. As a condition of your use of the Social Networking Service, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to understand, assent to, and enter into this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement; (b) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate and you will maintain the accuracy of such information; and (c) your use of the Social Networking Service does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
In any case, no one under 13 years of age may use our Site, the Social Networking Service, or any other Service offered on our Site. Your profile may be deleted and your membership may be terminated without warning if we have any reason to believe that you may be under the age of 13.
3. Invitations to Non-Members. Members may invite friends to join the Social Networking Service by sending invitation emails via our Site's automated invitation system. Our Site stores the email addresses that Members provide so that the respondents may be added to the friend's list of the Member sending the invitations, and also to send reminders of the invitations. Our Site does not sell these email addresses or use them to send any other communication besides invitations and invitation reminders (up to three (3) per email address.
5. Copyright Policy. You may not post, display, perform, copy, reproduce, distribute, modify or otherwise use any copyrighted content (e.g., music, movies, videos, photographs, and software) belonging to others without permission or consent of the copyright owner. Our Site reserves the right to terminate membership privileges of any Member who intentionally or repeatedly infringes the copyrights of others. If you believe that your rights under U.S. copyright law have been infringed by anyone or anything on the Social Networking Site, or if a notice of copyright infringement has been filed against you and you believe you have received it in error, please click on Digital Millennium Copyright Act (which is incorporated herein by this reference) to view instructions on how to notify or reply to our Site.
6. Illegal or Unauthorized Use Prohibited. Illegal or unauthorized use of the Social Networking Service is strictly prohibited. In addition to the prohibited activities described in Sections 4 and 5 above, listed below are examples of some other prohibited activities on the Social Networking Site, which are not meant to be, and should not be considered, complete or exhaustive:
- criminal or tortuous activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, phishing, trolling, sending of viruses or other harmful files, identity theft, or misappropriation of others' trade secrets or confidential information;
- exchanging or sharing content that solicits, induces, promotes or enables infringement or violation of others' copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, privacy, reputation, or other property, personal or proprietary rights, or violation of any law or regulation;
- covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any Social Networking Site page via HTML/CSS or any other means;
- making any automated use of the Social Networking Service, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages;
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Social Networking Site or the networks or services connected to the Social Networking Site;
- impersonating or attempting to impersonate, or misrepresenting affiliation, association or connection with, another Member or any other person or entity;
- using sexual imagery or any other unfair misleading or deceptive means to draw traffic to one's profile or posting;
- using the account, Username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third-party, or permitting any third-party to access your account;
- selling or otherwise transferring your profile or account;
- using the Social Networking Service to harass, stalk, threaten, abuse, defame, or harm another person;
- using the Social Networking Service for advertising or other commercial purposes; or
7. Member Profiles and Postings. Please choose carefully what you post on the Social Networking Site and what you provide to or share with other Members. Member profiles and postings on the Social Networking Site may not include any of the following items:
- telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, social security numbers, credit card information, bank account information, or other Personally Identifiable Information;
- any content (or links thereto) that contains nudity, or obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter;
- any content (or links thereto) that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- any content (or links thereto) that solicits, induces, promotes or enables illegal, unlawful, or fraudulent activities;
- any content (or links thereto) that posts, displays, plays, copies, reproduces, distributes, or otherwise uses others' copyrighted material (e.g., music, movies, videos, photographs, or software) where no permission for such use has been obtained from the copyright owner;
- any content (or links thereto) that contains, posts, displays, plays, or distributes video, audio, photograph, or image of another person without his or her permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor's parent or legal guardian);
- any content that impersonates, or otherwise misrepresents affiliation, connection or association with any person or entity;
- any content that contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, cancelbots, worms or other harmful, or disruptive creations, components or devices;
- any content (or links thereto) that promotes or solicits involvement in or support of a political platform, religion, cult, or sect;
- any commercial advertisements or promotions, or any offers to sell products or services; or
Despite this prohibition, profiles and postings of other Members may contain offensive, sexual-oriented, or otherwise objectionable material and our Site assumes no responsibility or liability for any such material or your exposure to such material. Our Site reserves the right, at any time and in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post, block access to, remove or delete any profile or posting (including private messages) made by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Social Networking Service, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICE IS A PRIVILEGE AND NOT A RIGHT.
8. Reporting Abuse. If you become aware of misuse of the Social Networking Service by any person, please contact email@example.com.
By making any User Posting on the Social Networking Site, you represent and warrant that: (a) you have the right to make and license such User Posting to our Site and the Univision Entities as set forth in this Section 9; and (b) such User Posting does not infringe or violate any person's or entity's copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, reputation, or other property, personal or proprietary right, or violate any applicable law. You agree to pay all royalties, fees, monies and compensation that may be owed to any person by reason of you making any User Posting on or through the Social Networking Site.
12. Disclaimers. Our Site is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Social Networking Site or in connection with the Social Networking Service, whether caused by Members or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized for the Social Networking Service. Profiles created and posted by Members may contain links to third-party websites. Our Site is not responsible for the Content or opinions expressed on such third-party websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked by us. Inclusion of any linked website on the Social Networking Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by us or any Univision Entity. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. We and the Univision Entities take no responsibility for third-party advertisements displayed on the Social Networking Site or through the Social Networking Service, nor do we and the Univision Entities take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by advertisers. We and the Univision Entities are not responsible for the conduct of any Member, whether online or offline. We and the Univision Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any Member communication, posting or profile. We and the Univision Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on the Social Networking Site or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Members or to any person's or entity's computer related to or resulting from using or downloading material from the Social Networking Site. Under no circumstances shall we or any Univision Entity be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from your use of the Social Networking Service, your participation in any Social Networking Site event, or from any Content posted on or through the Social Networking Site, or from the conduct of any Member, whether online or offline. The Social Networking Site and the Social Networking Service are provided "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE", and we expressly disclaim any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. We cannot guarantee and do not promise any specific results from use of the Social Networking Service. In addition, we make no representation or warranty that the Social Networking Service is appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States of America. Accessing the Social Networking Service from territories in which such Service is illegal is prohibited. You agree that if you choose to access the Social Networking Service from any locations outside the United States of America, you do so at your own risk and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws.
13. Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR ANY UNIVISION ENTITY BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD-PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICE OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, EVEN IF WE AND THE UNIVISION ENTITIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR AND THE UNIVISION ENTITIES' TOTAL AND AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO OUR SITE FOR YOUR USE OF THE SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICE DURING THE TERM OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP.
15. Governing Law; Jurisdiction. You expressly acknowledge and agree that:
(a) The Social Networking Service shall be deemed solely based in the State of California, U.S.A.;
(b) The Social Networking Service shall be deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over the owner or operator of our Site or any Univision Entity, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than the State of California, U.S.A.;
(c) This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without regard to its conflict of laws principles; and
(d) Any dispute arising between you and our Site or any Univision Entity concerning the Social Networking Service or any Content on the Social Networking Site, or concerning this Agreement, shall be decided exclusively by state and federal courts located in the County of Los Angeles, State of California, U.S.A.
16. Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect for as long as you use the Social Networking Service or are a Member. You may terminate your membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Member's Account Settings page. Also, we may terminate your membership at any time, for any or no reason, with or without warning, and without any liability to you. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICE IS A PRIVILEGE AND NOT A RIGHT. Even after your membership is terminated, certain provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect, including, without limitation, Sections 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 18.