Xavier's World Hip-Hop Jackpot Contest RulesXavier's World Hip-Hop Jackpot Contest Rules
Official Contest Rules for the Xavier's World Hip-Hop Jackpot.
- Promotion Name Xavier’s World Hip Hop Jackpot 2014
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. OPEN ONLY TO CITIZENS AND LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES WHO ARE OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE.
- Name and address of Sponsor: Univision Radio Broadcasting Texas L.P KBBT 98.5FM with offices in 12451 Network Blvd., Ste. 400, San Antonio, Texas 78249 and Univision Radio Inc. KVVF 105.7 with offices in 750 Battery Street, Suite 200, San Francisco, CA 94111
- Date of participation: The sweepstakes begins on October 6, 14 at 5:30am and ends on December 5, 2014 at 12noon.
- Eligibility requirements: Participants must be 18 years of age or older, citizens or legal residents of the United States and residents of San Antonio, Texas, San Francisco, Ca. or San Jose, Ca., with a valid Driver’s License and a valid Social Security Number who have not won a cash prize from the Sponsor within the last 90 days.
- How to participate: You can enter the sweepstakes by tuning in to the Univision Radio Stations listed above during the Xavier’s World Show Broadcast Monday through Friday, between 9:00 am and 12:00noon during the dates of the sweepstakes. Listeners can participate when prompted by the DJ to call in and identify the Xavier’s World Hip Hop Jackpot artist. The participant will have only one opportunity to identify the Xavier’s World Hip Hop Jackpot artist. If the participant correctly identifies the Hip Hop Jackpot artist they will win $250.00. If the participant does not correctly identify the Xavier’s World Hip Hop Jackpot artist the DJ will take callers until the hip hop artist is identified correctly by a caller.
- How many entries are allowed: Participants can participate until they win.
- Method of Selecting Winner(s): Participants will be chosen at random from incoming callers.
- Date Winner will be selected: There will be up to two winners selected on a daily basis from October 6, 14 at 5:30am and December 5, 2014 at 12noon.
- Method of notifying the Winner(s): The Winner will be notified during the phone call.
- Manner and date Prize must be collected: The Sponsor will notify winners when prizing is available for pickup or mail out.
- Prize(s) and estimated Value: Each winner will receive $250.00. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible participants.
The odds of winning depend on the number of participants. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after the beginning date of the promotion were or are employees or agents of Sponsor, Co-Sponsor or its parent company, affiliates, stations, subsidiaries, or the service agencies or independent contractors of any of the above organization(s); (b) persons who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, or drawing of the winner for this sweepstakes; and (c) persons who are members of the immediate family of, or who reside in the same household as any person in either of the preceding categories.
The decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding in all respects. Each winner and guest, if there is one, may have to sign a release. In the event that the winner is ineligible; if the Sponsor cannot directly and personally reach the winner within the time specified in these Official Rules; if the winner is unavailable to travel during the specified dates and receive the prize; if the winner fails to return the necessary signed releases to the Sponsor as instructed; or if the winner does not claim the prize as indicated in these Rules, it will be deemed as if the winner rejected the prize, and the Sponsor may select a new winner if time permits. To claim prize, winner(s) will be required to provide Sponsor acceptable identification and claim prize as instructed. The winner(s) may not substitute the prize for its cash equivalent or a credit. The prize will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Prize may not be assigned or transferred by winner(s). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any or all of the prizes with any article or service of similar or greater value at its sole discretion
Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate this sweepstakes for any reason including if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control that impairs the integrity of the sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Sponsor may disqualify any person whom it considers to have violated the Official Rules or any element of this sweepstakes. Participants agree: (a) to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor; (b) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, the Co-Sponsor, and their respective parent, affiliates, stations, subsidiaries and independent contractors, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including but not limited to, advertising and promotion agencies, from and against any and all liability with respect to the acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prizes or participation in the promotion, including but not limited to, travel related thereto.
All taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner, and each winner may be required to complete tax forms. If the value of prizes the winner has received from the Sponsor in the current year exceeds $600, then the winner needs to provide his/her Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number to receive the prize. These Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of the location of the Sponsor, without giving effect to conflicts of law principles.
For a list of winners, which will be available after the end of the promotion, send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Promotion " List of Winners”, to the address indicated above.
To obtain a copy of the rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Promotion " Official Rules”, to the address indicated above.
In the case there is online participation:
Use of any automated entry software is prohibited. Online entries made with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities or through the use of any other device or artifice to enter multiple times will be deemed invalid. If the winner is an online entrant, the winning online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry was made. The authorized email account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the online entry form, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this contest, or for late, lost, stolen, postage due, illegible or misdirected entries.
If this contest or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or otherwise does not permit entry in the contest, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of this contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest or any portion thereof. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
In the case there is text message participation: To send a text message, participant must own a mobile telephone with two way text messaging capability activated and service compatible with one of the service providers announced on air. Regular charges for messages and data may apply and may be reflected on participant’s monthly statement or deducted from pre-paid balance. Text messaging service may not be available in some of the areas or participation. For help text the word
HELP. To cancel text the word
STOP to the code announced on air.