Camila Cabello sat down with Seventeen for the first interview she's done since leaving Fifth Harmony in December. She took the opportunity and ran with it, dropping some major insight into both her professional and personal life. Below, the biggest revelations.
- Camila says she left Fifth Harmony because: "Fifth Harmony wasn’t the maximum expression of me individually. My fans are really going to know me from the music I’m writing. My goal is to be brave and open up my soul."
- Camila left Fifth Harmony in December. The remaining members -- Ally Brooke, Dinah Jane, Lauren Jauregui and Normani Kordei – responded to the departure online, writing: "While this isn’t the way any one of us would have wanted this chapter in our lives to have ended, we had to begin to formulate a plan and constructive path for Fifth Harmony to move forward, beyond Camila."
- Camila, 19, also opened up about her love life saying: "Taylor is always the person that I go to for boy advice."
- And even though her life may seem enviable from afar, she says she used to feel anything but cool: "I didn’t really get to do the teenager thing. I was shy back in high school: I would go to school, come home, and watch YouTube videos. Being in music has pushed me to overcome that. I have gone through a lot of self-discovery in the past few years, figuring out who I am and being comfortable with just being me. I’ve attracted a lot of great people into my life that way, just by being myself. Now I want to go out there, meet people, learn about them, and make friends."
- Seventeen hits newsstands with Camila on the cover February 21