New York City With Kids – Top AttractionsNew York City With Kids – Top Attractions
Experiencing a city with kids is a fun way to travel. New York City with kids – top attractions are sure to delight both the young and the young at heart! Enjoying activities with a child allows you to relive the simple joys of being a child yourself. NYC has lots to offer families – …
Experiencing a city with kids is a fun way to travel. New York City with kids – top attractions are sure to delight both the young and the young at heart! Enjoying activities with a child allows you to relive the simple joys of being a child yourself. NYC has lots to offer families – and much of it is surprisingly inexpensive.
I’m actually writing this from NYC right now. I’m here on business with my daughter and this isn’t the first time she’s accompanied me to the Big Apple. Here are some of her favorite activities.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art offers something to cover just about every interest – and it will inspire kids to find new passions! Plan to spend a large chunk of time exploring the art, history and culture. There’s a suggested donation, but it’s okay to pay less.
- The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) offers family talks and tours, children’s workshops and art labs. There are great programs available for kids ages 4 – 14 and their families, including apps to get the interest going before your visit.
- Dylan’s Candy Bar lets you indulge your sweet tooth! Just about every candy under the sun is offered. There’s artwork made of jelly beans and gigantic ice cream sundaes. Yum. I confess – we’ve made a dinner out of this!
- Need more chocolate? Serendipity 3 is famous for frozen hot chocolate and has been a NYC staple since the 1950s.
- Central Park is a peaceful treasure in the middle of the city. This isn’t an average park – it’s huge! There are playgrounds, pools, a pond, a zoo, bicycle rentals and so much more. My daughter loves climbing the hills.
- The High Line is a park built on a historical rail line. It sits above Manhattan giving an amazing view of the city.
- Toys R Us in Times Square is more than a store. It’s hours of fun! There’s even a full size ferris wheel inside to ride for $5 a person.
- My daughter is in awe every time she visits the American Girl Store. There’s a doll hair salon and a restaurant. Boys and girls alike will enjoy seeing the dolls set up for slumber parties and camping trips.
What are your favorite New York City with kids – top attractions? Let us know in the comment section below.