It’s hard to ask for help sometimes. Everyone needs it, but setting aside your pride to ask can be difficult. People will generally extend acts of kindness, sometimes even without asking; you just have to be open to accepting it. Asking for help might be hard, but gracious acts that moms truly appreciate come in all sizes. Here are 5 simple acts of kindness that every mom appreciates.
1. Smile: Especially in tight circumstances (like planes, trains or elevators), a stranger’s smile can make a world of difference for a mom battling a colicky baby, a grumpy toddler, or a back-talking teenager. Just be nice and smile!
2. Offer Understanding: From needing a shower to losing a loved one, being a mom while balancing life can sometimes be difficult. Perhaps the most simple act of kindness you can offer a mom is that of understanding — that she isn’t alone, and that she’s doing a great job.
3. Read a Book: Kids of all ages love to read books, and most moms can recite their child’s favorite book by heart. Extend a simple act of kindness by reading a book with her child, giving mom an out from doing so for the 500th time.
4. Make Them Laugh: There is something so beautiful and pure about a child’s laughter. Any mom will tell you that. Make her child laugh, and you may have done the simplest act of kindness that brightens up a mom’s day.
5. Be Present: While offering to babysit is always nice, sometimes the simple act of being present is all a mom needs. We love being with our kids and love to see others enjoy themselves in the company of their beauty and light.
Even the smallest act of kindness is greeted with appreciation because the burden of asking did not weigh anyone down. The act doesn’t have to be grand. Simple acts of kindness that every mom appreciates focus on her kids.