Yes, being a parent is incredibly rewarding, but let’s face it… with all that we juggle during the day – every day, we could use a shortcut or two to simplify our life, can’t we? Here are 20 simple parenting hacks to help make life a little easier and more fun for you and your kids!
1. If you have more than one child, use the dot method to identify their clothing. Use a permanent marker to mark two dots in the inside back collar area for the second child, three dots for the third child, and so on.
2. Use empty lotion bottles as faucet extenders to encourage little ones to wash their hands on their own! (One of my favorite parenting hacks!)
3. A cheap shower caddy makes a great place to hold food and drinks in the car!
4. Use an inflatable pool as a baby playpen!
5. Keep the kids from locking themselves in the bathroom by using a rubber band like this.
6. Teach kids to put their shoes on the correct feet by cutting a fun character sticker in half and placing them on the insides of their shoes. Kids will have fun matching up the stickers when putting on their shoes!
7. Prevent your kids from wasting plastic cups or leaving them lying around the house with these DIY magnetic cups!
8. Scare away monsters with this “No Monsters Spray”. Decorate a spray bottle with monster stickers and when your little one gets scared in the night, you can spray away the scares… or they can even do it themselves!
9. Use a laundry basket to keep bath toys from floating away. It also keeps the child from having to reach for a toy and falling over into the water.
10. Turn chores into a fun game! (I’ve had great success with this one!)
11. Add a lint roller to your craft room. It’s great for picking up little messes!
12. Teach your child to hold a pencil the right way using just a wad of tissue with this trick!
13. Make splinter removals less painful. Put a paste of baking soda and water on the splinter and leave for a few minutes. The baking soda will push the splinter out for easy removal.
14. No-mess painting for the littles! Add three dollops of different colored paint into a resealable plastic bag so your baby can create all kinds of colorful designs without the mess!
15. Use puffy fabric paint to paint a grip on the bottom of your toddlers socks!
16. Make ahead a week’s worth of baby food by freezing baby sized portions in an ice tray.
17. Transform a closet into a school-center! Perfect for home schooling households!
18. Keep pacifiers clean in your baby bag or purse with “sauce to go” containers.
19. Use a little tape to catch toenail clippings! (Genius!)
20. Store & Organize LEGOs by color using hanging shoe storage bags! (Another one of my favorites… because it greatly reduces the EXCRUCIATING pain from stepping on them too!)