“UIM Gipsy Kings Contest” Official Rules
“UIM Gipsy Kings Contest”
Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF LOS ANGELES, CA, WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER WITH A VALID SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR A TAX IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (TIN).
1. SPONSOR: The sponsor of this sweepstakes is Univision Television Group/KXLN, with offices at 5100 Southwest Freeway Houston TX, 77056 and KEYWORD.
2. PRIZES; ODDS OF WINNING: one (1) grand prize winner(s) will receive a pair of tickets to the Gipsy Kings concert on May 15 (the approximate retail value of the prize is prize amount. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible participants.)
Winner(s) may not substitute the prize for its cash equivalent or for a credit. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any or all of the prizes with any article or service of similar or greater value at its sole discretion. Prizes may not be assigned or transferred by winner(s).
3. HOW TO ENTER: You may register Online by visiting UnivisionHouston.com and looking for the Gipsy Kings photo album. At the end of this slideshow you’ll find a question to which you need to answer by sending an email to: email@example.com. You can participate during the promotion period and providing your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address (if you have one).
4. ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes is open to residents of the greater Houston, TX designated market area (DMA) who are over the age of 18 as of 4/28-5/01, 2011 with a valid social security number or a tax identification number (tin). Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after 4/28-5/01, 2010 were or are employees or agents of Sponsor or its parent, affiliates, stations, subsidiaries, or the service agencies or independent contractors of the above organization(s); (b) persons who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, or drawing of winners for this sweepstakes; and (c) persons who are immediate family of or who reside in the same household as any person in either of the preceding categories.
5. SELECTION: The fifth email with the correct answer to the trivia question will be selected as winner. The winners will be selected on or about 5/12/2011 and will be notified within three (3) days of the drawing by telephone, e-mail or mail. If Sponsor cannot reach a winner within the time period, or if the winner does not want the prize or is ineligible, it will be deemed as if the winner has rejected the prize and Sponsor will select a new winner according to these rules; time permitting
6. SCHEDULE: The entry period of this sweepstakes begins 6:00 a.m. Central time on 5/9, 2011 and ends at 10:30 p.m. Central time on 5/11/2011. The grand prize winner(s) will be selected on or around 5/12/2011. The prize must be collected by 5/13/2011.
7. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate this sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Sponsor may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated the Official Rules or any element of this sweepstakes. By participating, participants agree: (a) to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judge; (b) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, the local co-sponsors and their parents, affiliates, stations, subsidiaries and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prizes or participation in the sweepstakes. Grand prize winner must verify he/she is eligible and must sign and return a separate release no later than 5/13/2011. Winner agrees to permit Sponsor to use his/her name, address, city, state, photograph, videotape or any likeness for advertising or publicity purposes for no additional compensation.
8. TAXES: Taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner and the winner may be required to complete tax forms.
9. WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the list of the prize-winners, available on 5/31/11. please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to 5100 Southwest Freeway Houston, TX 77056.
10. COPY OF THE RULES: For a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to " Rules,” 5100 Southwest Freeway Houston, TX 77056
11. APPLICABLE LAW: These rules are governed by the laws of the State of CA, without giving effect to conflicts of law rules. Winner must comply with all applicable state laws related to possession of the prize.
12. ONLINE ENTRIES: Use of any automated entry software is prohibited. Online entries made with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities or through the use of any other device or artifice to enter multiple times will be deemed invalid. If the winner is an online entrant, the winning online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry was made. The authorized email account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the online entry form, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this contest, or for late, lost, stolen, postage due, illegible or misdirected entries.
If this contest or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or otherwise does not permit entry in the contest, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of this contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest or any portion thereof. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.