Noticias 33, líder en Phoenix
KTVW Univision 33’s 5pm local newscast, “Noticias 33” ranks #1 during the week among Adults 18-49 and 25-54.
CONTACT: Jaime Boyd
UNIVISION’S “NOTICIAS 33” 5PM LOCAL NEWCAST TAKES THE #1 SPOT FOR THE 35TH CONSECUTIVE SWEEP IN PHOENIX
KTVW Univision 33 also Claims the #1 Ranking in Total Day, Daytime and Early Fringe, Regardless of Language
PHOENIX, AZ " KTVW Univision 33’s 5pm local newscast, “Noticias 33” ranks #1 during the week among Adults 18-49 and 25-54. Edging out all other stations, regardless of language, including KTVK, FOX, NBC, ABC, and CBS, among others, the February 2011 Sweep marks the 35th consecutive sweep “Noticias 33” ranks as the top newscast at 5pm among Adults 18-34 and 18-49, and the 32nd non-consecutive sweep among Adults 25-54.
Results from the Nielsen Station Index (NSI) confirm KTVW Univision 33’s leadership position in various dayparts among key demographic groups, including Adults 18-34, Adults 18-49, Adults 25-54, Persons 2+ and Persons 2-17. KTVW Univision 33 is the only TV station in the Phoenix market that can claim #1 rank in Total Day (Monday through Sunday, 6am to 2am) for the past 35 consecutive measurement periods among Adults 18-34 and Persons 2-17 and 29 non-consecutive measurements periods among Adults 18-49.
- KTVW Univision 33 is the most watched television station in Phoenix in Total Day (Monday to Sunday, 6am to 2am) among Adults 18-34, Adults 18-49 and Persons 2-17, second most-watched among Adults 25-54 and third most-watched among Persons 2+ (tied with NBC), regardless of language.
- In Daytime (Monday through Friday 9am to 3pm), Univision is the #1 choice for viewers of all ages, with a +500 percent lead among Persons 2-17, a +267 percent lead among Adults 18-34, a +150 percent lead among Adults 18-49, a +50 percent lead among Adults 25-54 and tied with CBS for top rank among Persons 2+.
- In Early Fringe (Monday through Friday, 3pm to 5pm), Univision continues to be the #1 choice for viewers of all ages, with a +133 percent lead among Persons 2-17, a +44 percent lead among Adults 18-34, a +40 percent lead among Adults 18-49 and a +15 percent lead among Adults 25-54
- Among the Valley’s major broadcasters, KTVW Univision 33 was one of the top two most watched stations 17 of the 28 nights among Adults 18-34, 18 of the 28 nights among Adults 18-49 and 24 of the 28 nights among Persons 2-17.
- Friday nights belong to KTVW. Beginning with “Eva Luna” at 7pm, followed by “Triunfo del Amor” (Triumph of Love) at 8pm, then “La Rosa de Guadalupe” (The Rose of Guadalupe), each program ranks higher than any other broadcast on Friday nights among Adults 18-49 and Person 2-17. KTVW out-delivered FOX’s “Kitchen Nightmares” and “Fringe,” NBC’s “Dateline,” CBS’s “Blue Bloods” and “CSI: NY,” CW’s “Smallville” and “Supernatural,” and ABC’s “20/20” among others.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NSI Ratings (08/03/11 a 03/08/11), Primetime is defined as ABC/CBS/NBC/IND/SLTV Mon-Sat 7P-10P/Sun 6P-10P and FOX/CW Mon-Sat 7P-9P/Sun 6P-9P. Total Week rankings exclude the 2011 Super Bowl, Kickoff and Post Super Bowl network programming on FOX on 2/6/11. Early Local News is defined as newscasts with 5pm start time. Live+SD.
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is the premier media company serving the U.S. Hispanic community. Its assets include Univision Network, one of the top five networks in the U.S. regardless of language and the most-watched Spanish-language broadcast television network in the U.S. reaching 95% of U.S. Hispanic Households; TeleFutura Network, a general-interest Spanish-language broadcast television network, reaching 85% of U.S. Hispanic Households; Galavisión, the country’s leading Spanish-language cable network; Univision Studios, which produces and co-produces reality shows, dramatic series and other programming formats for the Company’s platforms; Univision Local Media, which owns and/or operates 62 television stations and 70 radio stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico; Univision Interactive Media, which includes Univision.com, the leading Spanish-language Internet destination in the U.S., and Univision Móvil, the industry’s most comprehensive Spanish-language suite of mobile offerings; and TuTv, U.S. outlet for pay television channels of Mexico-based Grupo Televisa. Headquartered in New York City, UCI has television network operations in Miami and television and radio stations and sales offices in major cities throughout the United States. For more information, please visit www.univision.net.